Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Return To Source


Many of you know I’ve been out of the loop for quite some time. After writing a string of short stories, I launched my debut novel, “The Fruits of Our Sins”. Since then aside from a few unfinished projects early on, the well has been dry. I’ve produced absolutely nothing. Part of this is because the few projects I started just didn’t resonate with me. I’d get off to a strong start then fizzle out after a few weeks. I’ve bounced around many ideas over the years- some that seemed quite clever at the time- but nothing stuck.

Then it finally happened! A project that has my brain churning ideas, my heart finally beating loud and strong, and words coming faster than I can type. It’s an energy and hunger that gives me life, sustenance and purpose, and reminds me of why I write. You see, writing for me is not just a hobby or something I do to pass the time. Writing is not about money or recognition. It is something far greater in scope and depth.  When I sit in solitude and begin the process of putting thoughts into words, in those loving moments, writing is connection to Source. Let me explain:

All of art is divinely inspired, whether it’s music, sculpting, dance or rhyme. I don’t believe any of us engages in artistic expression in and of ourselves. We are simply channels or vessels and our artistic expression emanates from Source. Writing is Source moving to me and through me. Writing is therefore sacred and profound, a holy and sanctified act beckoning me with the most exquisite play of words, rhythm and prose. Writing is my church, my place of worship, my communion. I bow down to Him from whom all things flow and open to receive His blessed gifts.

Not my will…

No comments:

Post a Comment